Saturday, May 17, 2008

Just Another Day in the Hospital

Today was an uneventful day at TCH. We (Bryan, Blake, & Tiffany) just hung out before Bryan and Mason head back to Austin. We did get to meet with Dr. Wesson (Chief of Pediatric Surgery), who will be performing Blake's feeding tube insertion surgery. We still feel this is the best thing to do for him to be able to gain weight quickly and safely while we continue to work on his bottle feedings at home. Unfortunately, the surgery will not be until Tuesday or Wednesday due to the busy surgery schedule, so we will continue to have to wait another couple of days. The surgery is only an hour, and is not very complex. However, because of Blake's heart condition, they like to do the surgery at TCH to keep close reign on the anesthesia. They say the recovery typically lasts 3-4 days, so God willing, maybe we will be back home next weekend.

3 comments:

brad fischer said...

my love and prayers are with you guys!! love y'all.. Brad F.

Janey Korth said...

I'm so glad Mason got to finally meet her brother! I know that had to be a wonderful moment. Hang in there...you'll all be home soon! You're in my thoughts and I will pray for another sucessful surgery for Blake. I haven't had access to the internet lately to check the blog because I've been on show-site in Vegas since Thursday 5/15. I don't return until Friday 5/23 (somebody's 30 birthday!) so I'll call and text to see how y'all are doing. I love you all!

staci said...

Tiffany,
Just want you to know I've been keeping track of you through this website and I'am praying and thinking of you guys.

staci