Friday, June 26, 2009

With Flying Colors

We are so pleased to say Blake did great at his one year follow up to his clinical trial. They said that they saw no developmental delays in Blake. The trial is assessing the results of oxygen deprivation to the brain during open heart surgery. He may or may not have been given an expeimental drug to help protect his brain from the effects of oxygen deprivation (we won't know until he is 5).

Also part of the trial they give the mother an IQ test to plot the child's intelligence against the mother's (apparently there is a significant correlation). I don't know my results yet (and you can be sure I won't be sharing them), but I am sad to say my coffee hadn't quite kicked in and I choked on my last definition - panacea. Bugger, what kind of word lover am I? I am so mad at myself!

1 comment:

Frank Irwin said...

Glad to hear that Blake's doing well!