Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Growing So Fast

much more interested in baby pumpkins

seriously thinking Mom is crazy

I thought the younger one would want to mimic the older one, not vice versa



look how good he's doing on is belly


fun in the park


helping (not really) Dad carve the pumpkin


I know it is so cliche, but seriously these kids grow up too fast. It's hard for me to believe Blake is 6 months old, and Mason is a full-fledged toddler! We've had a busy couple of weeks. Blake started taking solid food regularly, and so far he's mastered cereal, sweet potatoes, squash, and apple sauce. He really seems to be enjoying it (but, he is a Galligan, what did I expect?). He's starting to be so social, and he has really come a long way in his upper body strength since we've been able to start tummy time again.

Mason has taken on the beloved habit of asking, "Why?" I honestly thought I would be one of those parents that answered the question tirelessly in hopes of educating her growing mind, but I have to admit on the 6th one, I usually break down and say, "Because that's just the way it is." Maybe in another life I will have all the patience I strive for. She is is also making huge strides in potty training (all you non-parents, this is the part to skip), over the weekend she went a whole day with only one accident, and she seems to really embrace that big girls use the potty since Blake (who is "too little" according to Mason) uses diapers.

Mason continues to be a social butterfly, melting the hearts of everyone she meets. Stacey Shagory is one of her new friends, she asked for 'Taci" to read her books and put her to bed. Everyday she asks if she can call Dave (her godfather) and she like to draw pictures of Dave and "Aunt Caros". She's getting a lot of quality grandparent time as well, last weekend she spent with her Mimi and Paw Paw, and this weekend her Nonni is coming to visit. Spoiling has been in tow with each visit.

Halloween is this week. Blake is going as Curious George, and Mason is going as "the man in the yellow hat," Curious George's friend. I promise to post pictures of the big day.

2 comments:

Ben & Meg Harris said...

i can't wait to see pictures of curious george and yellow hat man!

natalie said...

what a couple of cuties... I miss them!