Friday, May 29, 2009

We're in for a spot of trouble

Here's a fun little story I'm sure you all will enjoy.  Earlier this week, Mason overheard some cursing (I'm not going to say where), which she immediately repeated three times before we told her to stop (thought ignoring it would make it go away).  Several days have passed, and we hadn't heard it again.  Silly me thought we were out of the woods when this morning I dropped one of Blake's meds on the ground and I whispered, "Oh, Crap."  Mason looks at me and says, "Mommy, why you not say oh shit?"  That's right, my daughter has a potty mouth.  So of course in all of my infinite wisdom I tell her not to say that (dumb move I know) where she proceeds to run around the house screaming, "Oh, shit" with fits of laughter following every exclamation.  Sigh.  

3 comments:

The Morrow's said...

Now that's funny!

Frank Irwin said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!

Reminds me of my niece. Very similar story. When she was 3 or 4, she and her mom (my sister) were at Mom's house. Sister dropped something, and said, "Dammit!" Niece said, "No s'posed to say dammit." Mom said, "That's right, Kirsten." Then Niece continued, "S'posed to say shit!"

Janey Korth said...

OK, that's funny! I am laughing out loud. She is a little version of you! Ask your Mom -- I'm sure there is a similar story about you as a tot! XOXO